The SAFE Office
Rice University’s The SAFE Office: Interpersonal Misconduct Prevention and Support offers care management and navigation to students who are reporting an incident of interpersonal violence perpetrated against them and to students who have been accused of perpetrating interpersonal violence.
The Office also provides prevention education to the Rice community on sexual and domestic violence, sexual harassment, stalking and Title IX and Clery Act requirements.
The SAFE Office offers assistance with:
- Emotional Support
- Education on healthy relationships, consent, and interpersonal violence dynamics
- Safety planning
- Information on reporting options
- Accompaniments to appointments
- Assistance with Supportive Measures
- Referrals to on and off campus resources
- Navigation support for reporting and responding students in Title IX related SJP cases
All services are provided at no cost to the student
OUR VALUES AND BELIEFS
Meaningful connections and healthy communication
Personal and community accountability
Violence prevention through education
Fostering safe and brave spaces to increase vulnerability, empathy, and empowerment
9 AM – 5 PM
Morton L. Rich Student Health Center
Next to the Brown Magister's House
For Immediate Help
If you need immediate assistance, call RUPD/REMS at 713-348-6000 (24/7). If you need to talk to someone, call 713-348-3311 (24/7).